1. The first chakra is the root chakra. The root chakra is located at the base of the spine at the tailbone in back, and the pubic bone in front. This center holds the basic needs for survival, security and safety. It is associated with the color red.
2. The second chakra is the sacral chakra, It is located about two inches below the navel and is rooted into the spine. This center holds the basic needs for sexuality, creativity, intuition, and self-worth. It is associated with the color orange.
3. The third chakra is located at the solar plexus, located two inches below the breastbone in the center behind the stomach. This chakra is the center of personal power, the place of ego, of passions, impulses, anger and strength. It is associated with the color yellow, or gold.
4. The fourth chakra (the middle chakra in the chain of seven) is the heart chakra and is associated with the color green. It is located behind the breast bone in front and on the spine between the shoulder blades in back. This is the center for love, compassion and spirituality. This center directs one’s ability to love themselves and others, to give and to receive love. This is also the chakra connecting body and mind with spirit.
5. The fifth chakra is the throat chakra and is a bright blue. It is located in the V of the collarbone at the lower neck and is the center of communication, sound, and expression of creativity via thought , speech, and writing. The possibility for change, transformation and healing are located here. The throat is where anger is stored and finally let go of.
6. The sixth chakra is located at the third eye (mid-forehead) and is indigo. The sixth chakra is referred to as the Third Eye. It is located above the physical eyes on the center of the forehead. This is the center for psychic ability, higher intuition, the energies of spirit and light. It also assists in the purification of negative tendencies and in the elimination of selfish attitudes. Through the power of the sixth chakra, you can receive guidance, channel, and tune into your Higher Self.
7. The seventh chakra is at the Crown of the Head, and is violet fading to white further away from the body. It is located just behind the top of the skull. It is the center of spirituality, enlightenment, dynamic thought and energy. It allows for the inward flow of wisdom, and brings the gift of cosmic consciousness. This is also the center of connectedness with the Goddess (God), the place where life animates the physical body.